Monday, September 20, 2010

Havin' a Ball!

AF Ball 2010

Happy Monday! I don't know about you, but we had quite the weekend. On Saturday night we attended the annual Air Force Ball. The days leading up to it were a bit hectic as I scrambled to find a dress and the perfect accessories, while Derek made a few trips to the base uniform store for his man-cessories to update his mess dress.

It also meant finding someone to watch Sadie. I had no idea just how big of a deal this was. First, there's the immediate issue of actually finding someone to physically watch her. Then, I had to frantically clean the house since, heaven forbid, the babysitter might see the cobwebs accumulating in the corners now that I have a few - ok, a million - other things ranking higher than cleaning on my priorities list. And I had to shop for and make snacks so the sitter had something to eat while she was here. Oh, and I had to deal with the emotional trauma of leaving our baby with someone else for bedtime. Sheesh!

Fortunately, we found a wonderful babysitter - my friend and fellow AF wife, Steph, who graciously agreed to watch her. Steph has to be one of the kindest people I know, so I knew Sadie would be in good hands, which definitely lessened the trauma a bit. From what I hear, though, everything went well and they had a great time!

And Derek and I did, too. It was fun to get out, have some grown-up conversations with friends - and one another - and enjoy being adults. We left the party around 10 and as we were driving home, Derek wondered out loud why so many people were on the road so late. At 10 pm. On a Saturday. Hmm . . . maybe we need to get out a little more often.

We spent most of Sunday recuperating and enjoyed another ball of sorts . . . football! We had a great time rooting for Peyton and the rest of the Colts in the Manning Bowl. Sadie got into it, too, as you can see . . .

Goooo Colts!



No comments:

Post a Comment